Miss Rush talks about the importance of connecting with people to support our mental health and wellbeing.
Why is this important?
- Connectedness and strong relationships are vital for our wellbeing.
- Developing our social and emotional skills helps us to nourish relationships with ourselves and others.
- Our strong school community and culture of respect are an important part of this.
- Being connected takes effort: we need to work at strengthening and broadening our connections.
- Who have you talked to today/this week (in person)?
- Try chatting to someone you don’t usually connect with (on the bus, in a lesson, in a club).
- Ask how someone’s weekend was and really listen when they tell you.
- Put five minutes aside to find out how someone really is.
- Walk/cycle/drive to school with someone instead of coming on your own.
Click BE CONNECTED to view document.
Accreditations & Memberships