Mrs Newman talks about the importance of how a positive mindset and taking time to reflect on all that we have and achieve is so important.
Why is this important?
- We all have strengths, sometimes we forget these.
- Focusing on positive emotions is more than smiling: it is the ability to remain optimistic and view one’s past, present, and future from a constructive perspective.
- A positive view can help in relationships and work, and inspire others to be more creative and take more chances.
- In everyone’s life, there are highs and lows; focusing on “the lows” pulls us down.
- Recognising what is going well can help us to cope when things are not as easy.
- What has gone well today/this week/this year? Keeping a journal where you record the positive parts of your day/week, can help to recognise these.
- Identify three positive aspects of your life, before you consider something that has been troubling you.
- What are your strengths? Everyone has them, allow yourself to feel proud of these.
- Enjoy the moments when things go well, indulge in them and be grateful for them; don’t let these pass without recognising them.
- What small things have you done that you could feel proud of? E.g. tidied your room, made yourself look nice, walked the dog.
- You might have a song that reminds you of a good time or that just makes you smile. Listening to music can lift us.
Click BE POSITIVE to view document