Getting involved together.
The School Standards and Framework Act 1998 requires all schools to adopt a ‘Home-School Agreement’. The agreement is not a contract – it is intended to be a statement of the mutual responsibilities of parents/carers, students and teachers. It is the intention that we work together as a team to ensure the very best outcomes for our students.
At Kesgrave, parents/carers play a crucial role in the partnership of Learning. The Home-School Agreement incorporates the Aims, Values, School’s Ethos and Communication with Parents/Carers sections contained within the School prospectus. These sections should be read in conjunction with the following statement.
I/We shall try to:
- see that my child goes to School regularly, on time, dressed appropriately and properly equipped;
- let the school know about any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour;
- support the School’s policies and guidelines for behaviour;
- support my child in homework and other opportunities for home learning;
- attend parents’ evening and discussion about my child’s progress;
- get to know about my child’s life at the school.
- contact Parents/Carers if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality, dress or equipment;
- let Parents/Carers know about any concerns or problems that affect their child’s work or behaviour;
- send home regular assessments and annual Report of Achievement;
- set, mark and monitor homework;
- arrange Parents’ Evenings during which progress will be discussed;
- keep Parents/Carers informed about school activities through ParentMail, letters & phone calls home, Highlights and notices about special events.
MR BURGOYNE HEAD TEACHER