At Kesgrave we feel it is important that our students have opportunities that will enable them to have a well-rounded experience of sixth form life. All Year 12 and some Year 13 students choose an elective option from our programme alongside their subjects. Some of which carry additional qualifications, others allow students to develop a new skill or simple a way of letting off steam. Year 13 students who continue with 4 subjects are not required to choose an elective option but many still do.
- Adopt a Teacher
- Adopt a Form Teacher
- Beginners Spanish
- Duke Of Edinburgh Scheme – Bronze/Silver/Gold
- GCSE Maths and English Tuition
- Highlights Magazine Editorial Team
- IET Formula 24+ Challenge
- Literacy Ambassadors
- Lower School Reading Helpers
- Music Ambassadors
- PE Technician Role
- Really Cross Stitch
- Rock School
- Silver Crest Award
- Sport – Mixed Rugby
- Sport – Multigym
- Student Investor Challenge
- Student Life Advertising Magazine
- Work Experience
- YR11 Year Book/Video Creation
Click the link above for a brief description of each Elective.
Whatever you go on to do after Sixth Form, it is always good to have a point of difference on your CV or UCAS application, and this opportunity allows students to explore and develop outside the normal constraints of an academic environment.