WHAT TO WEAR
Click HERE for Uniform Guidance
The school colours are navy and light blue. Neatness in dress is desirable in school, actively helping with commitment and discipline, and adds to the standing and reputation of the school when pupils are making visits and journeys.
Wearing with Pride
From the basic jumper with our logo to house colours – feel proud and wear all the uniform with pride.
Hygiene is a must
Uniform is there for a reason. GCSE Catering students wear uniform for protection and hygiene reasons. They also look part of a professional team.
The P.E Uniform is there to keep you safe. Make sure you have the right Kit with you at lessons.
PE Kit Page
Moving in Style
From Dance to Drama – the subjects have specific uniform in order for you to get the most out of the subject.
What is good about our Uniform?
- It creates a sense of community and belonging
- It is unisex and therefore we have equality
- We don’t have to plan what we wear to school
- It allows us to take part in practical activities without being too self-conscious
- It is cost effective
- I can cycle to school and look respectable
- The school Oak Leaf on our crest represents the idea of growing – we are learning to grow
SCHOOL UNIFORM – The school colours are navy and light blue. Neatness in dress is desirable in school, actively helping with commitment and discipline, and adds to the standing and reputation of the school when pupils are making visits and journeys.
Where to buy your Uniform?
PMG SCHOOL WEAR – This is the new name for the National Schoolwear Centre Shop in Ipswich. You can get all the correct KHS school uniform from here.
ONLINE ORDERS ARE AVAILABLE
All three providers offer online services and have a good level of stock available. We would encourage you to place your orders online and get the items delivered to your home.
SWI delivery time is 3 – 5 working days, they recommend that all orders are placed on or before Monday 2nd August ready for the start of term. Although this is not a cut-off date, they advise ordering early to ensure students have their items in plenty of time before they start school. It is possible, however, that a small number of orders placed during June and July may take longer than the normal 3-5 working days. Delays may be caused by the global shipping issues.
We have a long standing relationships with all three of our providers and are confident that they will do their best to ensure the students are kitted out and look smart for their return to school (whenever that may be). We understand that some of you may hold off ordering to allow for a growth spurt and therefore encourage you to size your child accordingly.
The following are essential items:
- Dark blue trousers from Coes/PMG (Girls)
- Dark grey school trousers from Coes/PMG (Boys)
- Plain navy round-necked sweatshirt with school crest from Coes/PMG
- OR Plain navy jumper with school crest from Coes/PMG
- OR Plain navy cardigan with school crest from Coes/PMG
- Light blue polo shirt with school crest from Coes/PMG
- Black socks – plain
- Black shoes (not trainers, boots, plimsolls or high-heeled)
Important Uniform Notes:
- School trousers are available from Coes/PMG – no flares, cropped or tight fitting trousers are allowed.
- The light blue polo shirt and navy sweatshirt with school crest are only available from Coes/PMG.
- Jeans, chinos, casual trousers, T-shirts, casual or high fashion wear are not acceptable or suitable school dress.
- Footwear is often a contentious issue. Trainers, plimsolls, canvas shoes, boots and high-heels are all unacceptable wear. Plain black, low heeled shoes should be worn.Trainer-style shoes including VANS/CONVERSE/NIKE should not be worn.
- Hoodies/non KHS branded sweat-shirts are not permitted in school.
- We advise a good, warm coat for outdoor wear as social time is spent outside.
- Jewellery must not be worn. This includes rings, necklaces and bracelets. A watch is permitted.
- Pupils with pierced ears must wear only one pair of studs or small flat earrings – one earring per lobe. FACIAL STUDS (NOSE STUDS, EYEBROW STUDS, LIP STUDS, TONGUE PIERCINGS AND EXPANDERS) ARE NOT ALLOWED. However, clear retainers are permitted.
- Make-up must not be worn. Painted, false and gelish nails are not acceptable.
- Extreme hairstyles are not tolerated, including hair dye (red, blue, pink, etc), shaven, patterns or Mohicans.
It is our aim at Kesgrave High School to bring each individual to his/her full potential in a school atmosphere of harmony and shared community values. For this reason, we insist upon reasonable standards in dress and appearance.
If you are receiving supplementary benefit or family income supplement from the Department of Health & Social Security, you may be entitled to some assistance towards the provision of specialist and distinctive clothing for your children. Further advice may be obtained from your Area Education Office or from your local Education Welfare Officer who can be contacted through the school.