January return to school and New Year messageJanuary 3, 2021 12:17 pm
In one of the most unusual Christmas and New Year breaks, I do hope that all those connected with our school have remained healthy and managed to find some rest and relaxation with nuclear family and at least remote connection with wider loved ones.
I fear, I have never experienced the need to write to our parents and carers so many times over the holiday. My apologies for that. As we return to school on Monday 4 January, the following is in place:
- Monday 4 January: Staff training day, no students attend
- Tuesday 5 January- Friday 8 January: ONLY vulnerable/ critical worker students to attend (if the keyworker/vulnerable please respond to the email firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish for your child to attend, stating their name, form and reason you believe they should be able to attend).
- Some students in Year 10, 11, 12 and 13 have external examinations in January and a letter has been sent to these students explaining how we will be supporting them.
- Tuesday 5 January – Friday 8 January: Work will be set online for all students (vulnerable and critical worker students will complete this work with support in school), in the timetabled lesson structure. Firefly and Microsoft Teams will be used to set work and remain in contact with students in the expected timetabled slots. Further guidance on the use of the online platforms will be sent home on Monday 4 January 2021.
- Monday 11 January – Friday 15 January: Year 11 and 13 students will attend school, others will continue with remote learning.
- Monday 18 January: The return of all other year groups.
I will communicate with you on Monday 4 January with regard to the expectations for home learning and from Tuesday 5 January onwards, with regard to our testing procedures.
I wish all our readers well for the weeks and months ahead and hope that 2021 brings light and hope back to our worlds.